Welcome to Sixth Form
We look forward to you joining Gumley’s sixth form, a distinct environment where as young women and men, you will be nurtured and challenged to achieve your goals and full potential.
The spiritual, emotional, physical and mental health of our students is as important to us as their academic studies. The high level of support you will benefit from includes:
- A dedicated tutor that you will meet with each day
- Spiritual retreats which allow quiet and calm surroundings
- An elegant common room for socialising with your friends
- Enrichment activities such as Pilates, Tai-Chi on well-being and curriculum extension days throughout the year.
Academically, you will be on a secure path to your chosen next steps; be that university or pursuing college, an apprenticeship or internship.
- You will receive individual academic mentoring as well as supervised study sessions.
- Our Sixth Form Centre has its own building with study rooms and access to iPads. The Library is located here too which also has quiet study areas for sixth form students only.
- Subject Choice: You can choose from a wide range of 22 different subjects as we know our students have diverse interests and ambitions.
- Preparation for Learning Programme: We have high expectations of you in terms of your commitment to your studies and your self-motivation. An important component of our Preparation for Learning Programme is to teach critical research and analytical skills which will enable you to make fully informed choices on your future education and career pathways.
- Student Leadership: You will play a unique and valuable role in the school, contributing actively to the wider life of the school community. Our students arrange and run events with younger students, demonstrating tremendous leadership and motivation, particularly through the House System. The Head Girl/Boy, Deputy Head Girl/Boy, Prefects and various House and Sports Captains play a particularly key role in school life and these positions of responsibility are eagerly sought.
Our Curriculum Booklet and details of our courses can be downloaded below.
We are also offering new BTEC courses in Applied Science, Business Studies and Health and Social Care. For more information on these courses please click on the link below.