Gumley House is highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which we refer to in our policies. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures. Parents and carers are welcome to read the policy which can be found in our policies section.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our students are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) is:
- Mrs F Russell (Assistant Headteacher and DSL)
- Ms Carol White (Assistant Headteacher and Deputy DSL)
- Mrs L Hasker (Pastoral Manager and Deputy DSL)
- Mrs C Newman (Deputy SENDCo (Inclusion) and Deputy DSL)
In addition, our Pastoral Team include:
- Mrs F Russell (Head of Year 7)
- Miss L McGregor (Head of Year 8)
- Mr A Graham (Head of Year 9)
- Mr P McDermott (Head of Year 10)
- Miss L Robertshaw (Head of Year 11)
Our Designated Teacher for Children in Care is:
- Mr D. Kendall (SENDCo)
Our Nominated Governor is:
- Mrs Nancy Roberts
For further information and advice on keeping children safe, please visit our Esafety page