Gumley House is highly committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This means that we have a Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy and procedures in place. All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures. Parents and carers are welcome to read the policy which can be found in our policies section.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our students are discussed with their parents/carers first, unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to their welfare.
Our Designated Safeguarding Leads (DSLs) is:
- Mrs F Russell Deputy Headteacher (Pastoral)
- Ms R Jaipersad (Assistant Headteacher)
- Mrs L Hasker (Pastoral Manager)
- Mrs L Hill (Pastoral Manager)
- Mrs C Newman (Deputy SENDCo (Inclusion))
- Mr D Kendall (SENDCo)
Our Nominated Governor is:
- Nancy Roberts
In addition, our Pastoral Team include:
- Miss C Pigott (Head of Year 7)
- Mr S Ottman (Head of Year 8)
- Miss T Peters (Head of Year 9)
- Mrs C Fullerton (Head of Year 10)
- Mr P McDermott (Head of Year 11)
- Mr A Graham (Director of Sixth Form)
- Ms G Rinzivillo (Deputy Head of Sixth Form)
- Mr Tony Chan (Assistant Head of Sixth Form)
Our Designated Teacher for Children in Care is:
- Mr D. Kendall (SENDCo)
Our School Counsellors are:
- Ms D Morrison
- Mr Laurent Legasse
Resource files from our Year7/8 Parental and Student Well-being talk 1st November 2018 are located here.
For further information and advice on keeping children safe, please visit our Esafety page.
Resource files on How to Manage Exam Stress and Anxiety are available here.
Please see the link below for more information on our Well-being Program.