Bank of America Merrill Lynch Careers Day
Preparing students for their futures
For the 2nd time in seven months, our sixth form students have benefited from a fantastic career session, created in partnership with Inspiring the Future & Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
From the Talent Manager, students learned about essential personal branding & interview preparation, followed by a Speed Mentoring session with several of the Bank’s professionals. Additionally, a talk from one of their senior team, gave students a fascinating insight into work and life values and a ‘trading game’ challenged students on their decision making skills.
- “I now have a better understanding of the qualities employers look for”
- “One thing that I learned from the mentors, is that your university degree is not the final decider for a career. You can still work in a bank, as the skills you learn from your chosen degree are skills that are used in any of your potential future jobs”.
- “I would definitely recommend this day to others”
- “I learnt about the different types of jobs that exist in the bank”
- “The speed mentoring really allowed us to have an insight to the people that work there, as there was a variety of mentors that worked for different teams and gave us really useful information”
- “The event exceeded my expectations”